Effective Date: February 2019
The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website. CGP strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, CGP has implemented the following policy.
What Information Does CGP Collect?
Most data CGP collects are used only to help us better serve our members. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by e-mail or a special announcement placed on the website.
General Users: CGP does not collect any personal information from users browsing its website. Only aggregate data -- such as the number of hits per page -- are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
Members, Conference Registrants, and Other Customers: To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on the CGP Link, members and other users are asked to register and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. CGP asks users to provide information like their name, organization name, business phone number, and e-mail. Similar information may be submitted to CGP through membership applications, conference or webinar registration, or similar orders and registrations. Additionally, for some e-mails sent in HTML format by CGP to its members through its listservs and electronic newsletters, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. For those emails, CGP will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes: email address of a user, the date and time of the user's "click," a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page. CGP only uses this information to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
How Does CGP Use Data Collected?
CGP uses information voluntarily submitted by members and other customers in the following ways:
Member Services and Products. Generally, CGP and its direct subsidiaries use data collected to improve its own web content; to respond to visitors' interests, needs and preferences; and to develop new products and services.
Disclosures to Third Parties. CGP also makes member contact information available through the CGP Membership Directory to other members using its website and to those who register for its conferences. On rare occasion, CGP may also provide data to third parties that offer products and services. These data include names, job titles, organization, business address, and email address. Users may request CGP refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties by calling CGP at 317-269-6274 to express that they do not wish to have the information shared.
Credit Card Account Information. CGP does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, CGP submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
What Privacy Issues Arise With Links To Other Sites?
This website contains links to other websites. CGP has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
What Means Of Redress Are Available?
If any User suspects CGP has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling 317-269-6274.
Terms of Service
The following are the Terms of Service for the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners Website, Blog and Online Community (collectively the "CGP Link Site"). Use of the CGP Link Site indicates you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the CGP Link Site.
PurposeThe CGP Link Community is designed to serve as a resource to members. The CGP Link Community helps us and other members answer questions, share ideas, connect with one another, and benefit from the collective experiences of the community.
Our community is nothing without you, and we thank you for your participation.
Ways To ParticipateJust get started. You can introduce yourself, ask a question, click to recognize submissions, or even help answer questions that other members have. The more you share, the better it is for everyone. If you're reading this and don't have a profile photo, add one now. Attaching a name to a face helps build community for everyone.
How To ActWe're almost embarrassed to include this because our community members have been so great thus far. But, if you're wondering some simple things can help:
- Be positive. Everyone loves a positive personality.
- Be helpful. Everyone is here looking to learn and get better.
- Share. You have great experiences that can help others. Share them.
- Be smart. Don't share anything that you wouldn't want up on the Web.That also goes for copyrighted materials.
We Welcome Your FeedbackThanks for being a part of our online community. If you're a member, let us know how we can help you.
The LegaleseWhat You Can't Do
You may not use your registered account (or allow anyone else to use your registered account) to post or transmit:
- Content that is threatening, defamatory, abusive, hateful, offensive, fraudulent, discloses private matters of another person.
- Political or religious statements or commentary.
- Anything that intentionally violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law, such as copyright, trade secret, or securities, or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as nondisclosure agreements.
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
- An attempt to impersonate another person.
- Private information, such as social security numbers.
- Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
- Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, "Trojan Horses," corrupted files, or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
- Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
- Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of our guidelines.
If you believe that work belonging to you is displayed on or has been copied onto the CGP Link Site without your permission, please notify by sending a written notification of claimed infringement:
200 South Meridian Street, Suite 510
Indianapolis, IN 46225
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must be 13 years of age or older to register an account on the CGP Link Community or Blog.
If you believe your login or password information has been compromised or any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security has occurred, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the CGP Link Site at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notice or explanation without liability.
The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Use of the CGP Link Site is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the CGP Link Site is at your sole risk. The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners does not warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the service. The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of the service or site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the site and terminate this agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement; (b) your use of the CGP Link Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any libelous, slanderous, indecent or other statement concerning any person made or republished by you.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms of Service constitute a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. The laws of the Indiana, USA, shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion County, Indiana, USA.
CGP Link is a place for members of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners to learn, collaborate and share.
WelcomeThe mission of CGP Link is to facilitate communication and collaboration among members of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP). With that in mind, we have drafted community guidelines to serve as a reference point for appropriate use and member behavior.
What are some ways to participate in CGP Link?
- Personalize your profile with pictures and information about yourself.
- Read and comment on the materials we've provided. We are providing them to help you. Your feedback helps us make them better.
- Share your knowledge or lessons learned that can bring value to others. We all learn more together.
- If you don't know something, ask. It is likely several of our other members have thoughts or answers to your most pressing questions.
What are the CGP Link guidelines?
- Be positive and appropriate. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Don't post content that is inappropriate for the workplace. Don't solicit or advertise in the community. Please don't go on rants against anyone, including US.
- Respect confidentiality. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party. Make sure you don't post anything about your organization that would get you in trouble.
- Protect privacy. Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard.
- Share, share, share. We will do our best to provide valuable content. However, each of you has great expertise in different areas. The more you provide the more valuable a resource this community becomes. We welcome consultants and vendors to participate in discussions and share their knowledge and expertise. No selling, solicitation, advertisement, or promotion of products or services is permitted on CGP Link, unless contained in a paid advertisement. Consultants or vendors may use private messages in CGP Link to contact individuals to invite communication about products or services outside the community. Do not post links to sales information in profiles, resource listings or discussion forums.
We welcome your feedback and ideasWe want this to be the best community it can possibly be. Let us know what you think and how we can help improve your experience on CGP Link. If you have a topic to discuss or a question that cannot be discussed in the community, please contact email@example.com.
Flag inappropriate content and behaviorMembers may report a perceived violation of any of these guidelines by clicking here. When a report is received by CGP staff, the following action will be taken.
- The reported content will be reviewed by staff and, if necessary, by CGP’s general counsel.
- If necessary, the reported content will be removed from CGP Link.
- The person who posted the content and the person who reported the content will both be notified of decisions and actions taken by CGP.
- CGP members who repeatedly violate these usage guidelines may be banned from CGP Link for a period of time or permanently.
We hope you enjoy our community. We look forward to participating with you!